Thursday 12 February 2009

Conversations with the mother!

Ma: "Hows work?"
me: "Grand...."
Ma: "I seen your sisters engagement ring at the weekend. There going to get engaged on valenties i think."
me: "How much did it cost?"
Ma: "Around 7 thousand."
me: "cool."
Ma: "Have you got a lady for valentines day?"
me: "Unless, I find one on the way home."
Ma: "haha."

She tells my father what I said, he laughs too.

Ma: "Make sure its not a street monkey."

I was in work using there phone to call internationally as I wouldnt dream of wasting my money. So naturally i burst out laughing on my headset and the whole office was staring at me. I wasnt sure if my mother was being racist or talking about prostitutes but she hadnt said something to me like this before and I couldnt stop laughing.

me: "I dont think thats the politically correct term, i better go."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erm..I thought street monkeys were those geezers that do that parcours stuff, y'know, doing backflips off bridges and that...

Although to be fair to yer ma, it's probably best that you don't ask one of those out on the way home either.

Anonymous said...

Its ok we're taking it back.

PaddyInEngland said...

@English mum - Ive no idea, probably something she heard on Corrie!

@Abby - THATS PORCH MONKEY! HAHA Clerks classic

Anonymous said...

yes. I know. :)

Anonymous said...

Rofl. Great post. Gotta love the Clerks reference Abby