Friday 6 February 2009

Students stop drinking? Operation Dutch Gold?




I love a bit of Wikipedia, heres some of what it had to say about the drink I like to call central heating for knackers

"In 2006, the Gardaí launched a campaign against anti-social behaviour in Lucan under the name 'Operation Dutch Gold'. The distributors of the product, Comans Wholesale of Tallaght, complained that the naming of the project was unfair to them.[4]

There has been a move away from a drinking culture in Irish student society. But, nonetheless, University College Dublin has a Dutch Gold Appreciation Society."


And what the fuck are students playing at these days? Learning stuff? THere has been a move away from drinking? WTF? I think I need to go back to Uni Homer Simpson style and teach them how to party down!

3 comments:

Simon said...

I've been known to have the ocassional Dutch Gold even know. Sometimes it's good to slum it.

I love the blog by the way. And thanks for the comment on ours.

PaddyInEngland said...

Yeah a bit of slumming is good for the soul, especially when its a week to pay day and your trying to make cheese out of gone off milk.

PaddyInEngland said...

@Simon - I been liking your blog too, I would be too much of a control freak to do a blog with another person. Id get pissed if they changed the font or something stupid!