Monday 9 February 2009

My Top 25

Currently working through the top 25 films taken from the American Film Institute's list of the 100 Greatest Movies. I have watched Casablanca and on the Waterfront over the weekend. They were good movies, I wont be going out of my way to watch them again though. I therefore decided to write my own list. Most of these films were made in the 90s and it was tough leaving some out. I think a few films didnt make my cut as I have seen them so many times Im kinda bored with them. Apart from my number 1. Could watch that everyday!

1.The Matrix
2.Jerry Maguire
3.American Beauty
4.High Fidelity
5.Fight Club
6.Forrest Gump
7.Tombstone
8.Clerks
9.Office Space
10.Swingers
11.The King of Kong: A fistful of quarters
12.Coming to America
13.Igby goes down
14.Tommy Boy
14.American History X
15.Almost Famous
16.Home Alone
17.The Shawshank Redemption
18.Terminator 2: Judgement Day
19.Dawn of the Dead
20.Boiler room
21.Sideways
22.Young Guns
23.Die Hard
24.One Flew over the cuckoos nest
25.Pulp Fiction

7 comments:

English Mum said...

Ooh great list. Oh and I LOVE Jerry Maguire. But where's Cocktail?

Oh and I hated High Fidelity? A friend gave us a copy and reckoned it was the best film ever, but I just didn't get it. Soz and all that.

Love the rest tho x

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the list. I admit though that I haven't watched the matrix before or the Kong movie....for shame! It made ma laugh that you put Tommy boy on there its definately in my top. I would have to sneak 'Stand by me' in there somewhere cos its just money.

Simon said...

I've only seen about 8 of those. The Matrix would be on top of my list too followed by Shawshank Redemption.

PaddyInEngland said...

@English Mum - How can you hate High Fidelity? Shame on you. Cocktail while being a very enjoyable movie and a Cruise classic does not pull off whatever bullshit meaning of life message it was trying to play throughtout the entire film.

@Abby - WTF? I can forgive you for not seeing The King Of Kong Movie (ITS ABOUT THE GAME DONKEY KONG NOT KING KONG!) but how the fuck have you not seen the Matrix. I made my mum watch, she didnt get it. I called her stupid, she cried, I made her a cup of tea = ALL FORGIVEN. But seriously hun, its on tv once a week and is the best film ever! Especially to an alcohol fuelled nerd like me!

@Simon - Yes MATRIX NUMERO UNO TELL ABBY AND GO WATCH THE OTHER 17

Anonymous said...

You called your mum stupid and made her cry? For shame, Paddy, for shame...

Anonymous said...

I've seen all but 8 of those. The King of Kong was legendary. Must make my own list.

PaddyInEngland said...

Toners what have you not seen? I just ordered King of Kong on play.com, its only £5!